Object of the intervention:
STRUCTURAL RESTORATION AND CONSOLIDATION
CHURCH OF SAN GIUSEPPE
According to historical sources, the Sanctuary was built by incorporating a small stable, where the saint’s mother, Franceschina Panaca, hid to escape creditors and to avoid the penalty of servitude then in force. Here in 1603 the woman gave birth to San Giuseppe of Copertino.
In fact, the restoration work, in addition to structural consolidation, also concerned the stable where the patron saint of the city was born.