FUNERAL TOMB PORTO CESAREO (LE) – LOC. CHIANCA TOWER
NECROPOLIS AREA – RECOVERY AND SECURITY
Since the 1980s, the site has been affected by underwater and terrestrial archaeological prospecting, conducted by the Department of Cultural Heritage, which has identified wall structures and archaeological deposits referable to the presence of a Roman settlement.
The activities required for the recovery of the funerary tomb concerned specifically
- the execution of documentation works;
- recovery and safety of ancient stone material;
- archaeological investigation;
- recovery of osteological remains;
- recovery of the material present inside the burials;
- subsequent conservation, study and subsequent enhancement of the material found.